Monday, August 8, 2011

Health and wellness

Opinion: Health and wellness regime


A reader recently wrote to me to ask about my health and wellness regime and if I believe in detoxification treatments. I told her that I try to stick to the following routine:

  1. Swimming: Once a week
  2. Yoga: Twice a week (Read about it)
  3. Spa and massage: 1 to 2 times a month
  4. Sleep early as much as possible
  5. No smoking
  6. Occasional alcohol only
  7. No more thinking about work once I leave the office

I do not believe in certain drastic detoxification regimes such as colon cleansing. In case you do not know what colon cleansing is, here’s a video introduction. This is the least ‘scary’ video I can find but I still advise you not to watch while you’re having food or drinks.

However, I do practise some form of detoxification. Going to a sauna, drinking tea that aids in detoxification and using foot detoxification patches are some of my less drastic techniques for detoxification.

Here’s a video of foot detoxification practise. I consider it a less invasive but effective form of detoxification.

If you wish to start a detoxification regime as part of your wellness routine, here’s where I get my supply of foot detoxification patches via online order.

I do not see the need for exotic health and wellness routines. As long as one balances work, family life, exercise, hobbies and the occasional time away alone, that should be adequate for a healthy life.


No comments:

Post a Comment